Where will it be?
Galilee Basin, 160 km north-west of Clermont, more than 300km from the Queensland coast
200km narrow gauge rail line connecting to the existing rail network and providing freight transport between the Galilee Basin and the Port of Abbot Point.
The Carmichael mine will produce 10 million tonnes of coal per annum in stage one. Coal will be transported to the Port of Abbot Point, via the 200km narrow gauge rail line that connects to existing infrastructure.
- Open cut mine
- 200km narrow gauge railway line
- Coal handling and processing plant
- Heavy industrial area
- Water-supply infrastructure
- Off-site infrastructure, including workers' accommodation
- Construction activities for mine infrastructure: mine workers accommodation village, roadworks, power and construction water supply
- Construction of the open-cut mine